We created Pacify for one reason: to provide low-cost, high-quality healthcare services to new and expecting parents, relieving their anxieties, and keeping them and their children healthier. Our product offers Pacify members unlimited, video-enabled, 24/7 access to maternal and pediatric health experts.
As a small company, team members are given responsibility and autonomy to improve the products we deliver and contribute to our vision. We are a tech-minded, highly motivated, successful, and fun team. You must have the desire to put in the time it takes to get the job done, be eager to learn new things, wear many hats, and be ready for a challenge.
About the Position:
We seek a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our Pacify team. This role is pivotal because we are expanding our virtual lactation and doula offering by adding an in-person doula network. The ideal candidate will have obstetrics and/or pediatrics experience and an understanding of healthcare practice management, Medicaid billing procedures, credentialing and electronic health records (EHR) to optimize operational efficiency. This role may also grow to assist with the development and maintenance of Pacify’s current and new clinical networks, based on company needs. To ensure expertise and optimal functionality, this person must have a relevant clinical background and management experience.
- Support the Clinical Department in the development, management, and expansion of Pacify’s in-person doula network; and other networks as needed
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration between Pacify and our Medicaid partners
- Assist the Clinical Department in the development of policies and procedures for the in-person doula program to ensure compliance with industry regulations and best practices
- Manage, monitor and improve in-person and virtual scheduled appointments
- Identify and mitigate any financial, legal, patient, and doula safety risks
- Monitor network performance through, clinical and quality metrics, patient reviews and stakeholder feedback and implement changes for improvement
- Streamline daily operations, enhance administrative processes, and improve overall efficiency
- Collaborate with Pacify’s Clinical Department and Client Success Team to address operational challenges, enhance patient experience, and optimize resource allocation
- Identify opportunities for expansion and improvement. Implement strategic initiatives with other Pacify teams to enhance overall effectiveness.
- Utilize expert knowledge of Medicaid billing procedures to manage and optimize payment processes
- Monitor Medicaid payment trends, identify discrepancies, and implement corrective actions to maximize reimbursement
- Utilize in-depth understanding of electronic health record systems to develop, manage and optimize EHR usage within the organization.
- Support the development of Pacify’s EHR for chart submissions and coding required for Medicaid billing.
- Develop training programs to support doulas and other Pacify team members in EHR utilization. Ensure accurate and comprehensive documentation of patient information and healthcare services.
- Collaborate with EHR vendors for system upgrades, customization, and issue resolution.
- Generate regular reports to inform decision-making and strategic planning, identifying areas for improvement and growth.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Nursing (BSN) or a related field with 5-10 years of experience in obstetrics/gynecology and/or pediatrics is required.
- Knowledge of best practices in maternal-child health, including doula care, childbirth education, breastfeeding support, and/or postpartum care is required
- Certified Physician Practice Managers (CPPM) are preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations, compliance, and industry best practices
- Proficiency in digital tools such as electronic health record systems, healthcare billing software, data management and documentation
- Ability to pivot quickly to address time-sensitive needs in Pacify’s Clinical Department
- This role might require some travel.
Pacify is continuously building a team of mission-driven, high-achieving, healthcare innovators! None of the above matters if we cannot attract, cultivate, and retain the best people. Enjoy the flexibility to live anywhere while being supported by a compassionate, knowledgeable, and bi-coastal team!
Pacify values our employee team and wants to do everything to ensure that our team members are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our employees, such as:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability
- Long Term Disability and related insurance options
- 401k Plans with a company paid safe harbor match
Please note: If you are selected for further consideration, you will be subject to a background investigation. COVID-19 vaccination is a required condition of employment.
Advantia Health, our parent company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to global diversity. Pacify values diversity and is constantly striving to build a team that reflects the broad, diverse patient populations we serve. If you believe your background, race, gender, or ethnicity positions you to help us toward that goal, please let us know.