In 2014, Pacify’s co-founders launched the company after learning that for many families looking for breastfeeding support, the emergency department was the only place to go. Since then, we have built a network of more than 100 lactation consultants, doulas and maternal health experts who help new and expecting parents across the country take control of their health. And we’re only getting started.
As a small company, team members are given autonomy to improve the products we deliver and contribute to our vision. We are a tech-minded, highly motivated, collaborative and fun team! You must have the desire to put in the time it takes to get the job done, be eager to learn new things, and wear many hats.
Pacify is looking for a motivated, dedicated and experienced Contract Specialist to work collaboratively to facilitate, manage, and oversee Pacify’s contracting process from the initial proposal to the final execution.
- In-depth knowledge of procurement regulations, contract documents, evaluating bids, and legal specifications.
- Outstanding negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Serve as the main liaison with outside contracting representatives.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills within the Pacify team and partners.
- Be able to resolve client complaints and concerns.
- Understand fiscal years and funding cycles across multiple business channels.
- Work with the legal team to review and edit contracts on customer agreement templates.
- Assess contractor performance to identify the need for amendments of existing contracts.
- Prepare and edit contracts between the company and potential clients.
- Handle breach of contracts in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement effective procurement proposals.
- Research regulations to guarantee contracts are updated and in compliance with laws.
- Coordinate with clients to guarantee terms of contracts are fulfilled in compliance with the contract terms and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in law or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in Medicaid, Commercial Insurance and Public Health required.
- Possesses outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically using Word to document properties, comparisons, and track changes.
- Experience using a contract management system (CMS) or a contract life-cycle management (CLM) system.
- Knowledge of standard contract terms and conditions with strong contract drafting, reviewing, and editing skills.
- Interpret contract provisions and provide high-level summaries of contract terms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exemplary critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter and ability to work independently as well as within the framework of a team.
- Coordinate multiple projects and prioritize workload.
- Professional demeanor and reliable work ethic.
- Strong desire to learn, teach and make suggestions to improve efficiencies and form creative and scrappy solutions.
Pacify is building a team of mission-driven, high-achieving, public health focused people! None of the above matters if we cannot attract, cultivate, and retain the best individuals.
Enjoy the flexibility to work wherever you would like while being supported by a compassionate, knowledgeable, and bi-coastal team!
Pacify values our employee team and wants to do everything to ensure that our team members are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our employees, such as:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability
- Long Term Disability and related insurance options
- 401k Plans with a company paid safe harbor match
Please note: If you are selected for further consideration, you will be subject to a background investigation. COVID-19 vaccination is a required condition of employment.
Advantia Health, our parent company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to global diversity. Pacify values diversity and is constantly striving to build a team that reflects the broad, diverse patient populations we serve. If you believe your background, race, gender, or ethnicity positions you to help us toward that goal, please let us know.